Q: Can I afford an attorney?

A: The initial assessment is free. We accept cases on a contingency basis, which means we are paid only when we recover money for you. We will also advance all costs necessary to pursue your case.

Q: How do I know if I have a personal injury case?

A: If you believe that someone can be held liable for your injury, then you may have a personal injury case. While living with an injury or illness can be devastating, personal injury lawsuits can help you recover damages from the responsible party. Our firm is experienced in the area of personal injury litigation and can determine whether you have a case. Contact us for a free evaluation.

Q: When should I file a claim?

A: Personal injury cases have a statute of limitations. Your case should be presented at the earliest time possible and you should contact a personal injury lawyer immediately in order to protect your rights.

Q: If I’m injured, who pays my medical bills?

A: If you are in an automobile during an accident, the insurance covering that automobile (Personal Injury Protection Insurance or “No Fault”) will pay your initial medical bills. If you are a pedestrian, the insurance covering the vehicle that strikes you will ordinarily provide you with “No Fault” coverage for your medical bills. In any other type of claim, the party who caused the accident is responsible for the ultimate payment of your medical bills.

Q: Who is responsible for my lost wages?

A: As a general rule, your lost wages are part of your damage claim. Accordingly, they would be payable as part of any settlement or verdict at the end of your claim. If your claim involves an automobile accident, “No Fault” laws may permit you to recover your verifiable lost wages much earlier.

Q: If I am represented by the Law Offices of Jay S. Knispel, LLC, should I talk to any person, adjuster or representative who calls me about my case?

A: No! If our firm represents you, you should have all communication go through our office. Simply give the individual who calls our name and phone number and we will take care of either providing requested information or deny their request.

Q: What kind of compensation will I get?

A: Each case varies based on the injuries, but you may be compensated for several things, including past pain and suffering, future pain and suffering, and all medical and related expenses. This may include: doctors bills, physical therapy, ambulance expense, emergency room visit, hospitalization, medication expenses, loss of wages, loss of earning capacity, pain and suffering, emotional trauma, property damage as well as any fees associated with the case.